Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I Heart Sea Gummies


I was just taking some of my Sea Gummies supplements after eating lunch, and decided to share my love of them with anyone who cares to listen.

Sea Gummies are made by Trader Joe's and, as you can see from the picture, are an Omega-3 dietary supplement. According to webmd.com, the benefits of Omega-3s include:

" . . . reducing the risk of heart disease and stroke while helping to reduce symptoms of hypertension, depression, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), joint pain and other rheumatoid problems, as well as certain skin ailments. Some research has even shown that omega-3s can boost the immune system and help protect us from an array of illnesses including Alzheimer's disease."

Omega-3s are a type of "good fat" typically found in fish. Most people don't get enough Omega-3s from their diet so it's a good idea to supplement. A common form of Omega-3 supplement is fish oil capsules. I tried these for awhile but experienced a gross side effect: fish burps. This problem is so common that some manufacturers produce Omega-3 supplements (such as Coromega) that claim to have no fishy aftertaste, but I still wasn't completely happy with those.

The Sea Gummies are great because they are not made from fish oil. Instead they contain a "marine algae extract" which is another source of Omega-3s. They taste like a less-sweet gummy bear! That may be my favorite part: I can eat some after a meal and I get a little bit of sweetness that makes me feel like I've had a mini dessert. All while getting the health benefits of omega-3s. It's just another reason why Trader Joe's gets an A-plus in my book.

4 comments:

Adam and Vicky said...

Neato! I'm all about taking DHA! I know it makes me feel better. Thanks for sharing about the Trader Joe's product!

Jexpat said...

just found these deals today, and thanks to your blog entry, was able to pass along a wonderful description to my friends in Australia!

elizabeth said...

thanks for the description. even though they say "great tasting" the thought of gummy bears with a hint of fish flavor turned my tummy. i'll definitely give these a try now.

mjlambie said...

I love Sea Gummies ! i make all my friends try them. they are the best.

c'mon !